You want to configure a new email account on Thunderbird to retrieve your mails on your Gdium.
You must have the following information: address and password messaging addresses of incoming mail server (POP3 or IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP). Only the mail service provider can give this information.
- Open Thunderbird.
- In the case where an account has already been configured, click on Create a new account in the central panel of Thunderbird to launch the wizard account, otherwise it will run automatically upon opening the program.
It is also possible to access the creation of an email account via the Edit tab, then Account Settings ... and Add Account ...
- Window Wizard account opens.
- Select email account.
- Clik Next.
- Indicate in the field Your name, you want to appear in the messages it sends.
- Indicate in the address field of e-mail, your email address.
- Click Next.
- Select the protocol mail client, generally it is a standard POP3 server.
- Indicate in the Name of the server to the receiving server address of the incoming mail server POP3 or IMAP.
- Indicate in the Name of the server to the server sending the mail server address outgoing SMTP.
- Click Next.
In the case where an account has already been configured in Thunderbird, the sending server that will be taken by default, it will therefore not be requested in the wizard account.
- Fields Incoming User Name and Outgoing User Name is automatically filled from an email address previously indicated. Check this information and click Next.
- Indicate the name of the account, a name for the email account configured in Thunderbird. By default it is configured mail address but you are free to indicate anything else, this has no impact on the operation of the account.
- Cliquer sur Suivant.
- A summary of the configuration is presented.
- Click Finish to complete the setup wizard and close the account creation.
- At the first connection, enter your mail password.